Grantees will be entitled to a full Standard Gap Year Consulting Package, a $2350 USD value, including:
- Initial assessment to determine goals of time off and process of planning gap year
- A meeting retainer for use by students and parents to structure and clarify their plans
- Program and activity recommendations based on a personalized, extensive search of reputable opportunities in their area of interest
- Matching students with appropriate mentors in their field of activism
- Assistance in budgeting, itinerary and other logistical issues
- Pre-departure preparation assistance
Examples of student activism gap year options:
- Working on a election campaign
- Working with an advocacy organization
- Serving with select Americorps programs
- Creating campaigns and advocacy efforts around your issue of choice
- High school graduate or matriculated into college as of June 2020
- You must plan to take a full academic year of gap time between Summer 2020 – Summer 2021
- You must plan to dedicate your entire gap year to activism (you can, however, work on more than one project)
Please fill out this official application form, which will ask for:
- One essay (500 words or less) telling us about yourself and explaining your reasons for wishing to take a gap year. Include why you are seeking this scholarship.
- One essay (500 words or less) telling us about how you want to spend your gap year and what you hope to accomplish.
Creative submissions and videos are encouraged!
Deadline for applications is May 1, 2020. Winners will be notified no later than May 15, 2020