EnRoute Edu is the home of EnRoute Consulting’s online courses. Our courses offer affordable access to a wealth of information. We will be releasing new courses throughout late 2019 and 2020 so stay tuned for a course that’s relevant to you!
Gap Year Training Library
The Gap Year Training Library is designed for public and private school counselors, educators and youth mentors who understand the potential of the gap year and want to develop a well-rounded knowledge of this increasingly popular path. The information in this course will empower you to recommend the gap year option to your students with confidence. This course is accredited by Colorado State University, which unlocks your ability to earn CEUs and access professional development funds to participate.
Follow this link to learn more and register.
In the The Gap Year Training Library you’ll learn:
- The definition and benefits of a gap year
- How to identify good gap year candidates and the profiles of gap year students
- The types of gap year opportunities and examples of gap year itineraries
- How to empower your students to plan their gap year without becoming the planner yourself
- How taking a gap year dovetails with college planning (admissions, financial aid and deferring)
- The finances of taking a gap year including resources for scholarships and financial aid
- How to promote gap years in your student body
July 23rd: Professional Development Webinar for School Counselors and IECs
Gap Years as the New Normal: A Webinar for School Counselors and IECs
Thursday, July 23rd, 3:00-4:00pm est
Register for this $25 professional development Zoom webinar here
The coronavirus pandemic upended the college admission process for all college-bound Americans this year. Now, more American families than ever before are considering a gap year for their college-aged student. So what does this mean for younger students and the future of the gap year pathway?
The ripple effects of 2020 will be felt for years, and that includes a wider acceptance and desire for the gap year option. This webinar will give you guidance on how to weave gap year education into your practice with students.
Join professional gap year counselor and President of the Gap Year Association Julia Rogers as she provides useful tips to help you integrate gap year education into your practice. Julia will discuss identifying strong gap year candidates and discuss different types of resources for your clients and their families.