In recognition of the underrepresentation of Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) in the gap year space, EnRoute Consulting is committed to providing up to three merit-based grants to BIPOC students each calendar year.
Do you know an exceptional BIPOC youth who would benefit from a gap year? EnRoute is committed to expanding the gap year space and those who choose to take advantage of this incredible opportunity to learn and grow. We are seeking nominations from educators and school counselors who work with promising students who could benefit from this merit-based scholarship.
Selected grantees will be entitled to a full Standard Gap Year Consulting Package, a $2500 USD value, which will provide guidance and mentorship throughout their gap year. We are committed to assisting young adults in creating meaningful gap year plans that take budget, personal goals, parental concerns and other factors into consideration.
While this grant does not include funding for gap year opportunities, it does include guidance and assistance with:
- Research and advice on programming that awards college credit for gap year experiences.
- Advice on opportunities that provide paid work experience to offset the cost of a traditional gap year.
- Advice on opportunities or programs that offer in-house scholarships or aid.
- Working closely with student’s parents to address specific household or cultural concerns that the student’s family may have.
- Connections with BIPOC gap year alums who can offer advice/support.
Additional details about the grant can be found here. If you know a student who would be a good fit for this scholarship, please submit the form below and we will invite them to our formal application process.