Electing to take a gap year or career break is a bold and exciting decision. At EnRoute, we pride ourselves in understanding the complicated process of planning and successfully executing a gap year and eagerly work to provide excellent service to every client. Each consultation is unique and completely customized based on the student’s individual objectives.
Every potential client family is entitled to a free introductory conversation. This dialogue offers you an opportunity to get to know our process and brainstorm about the possibilities of gap time. To set up an introductory conversation, fill out our online questionnaire and we will be in touch to book a time.
NEW for 2020!
Hybrid Consultation: $1,500
Are you delaying or pausing your college career due to coronavirus and looking for support in making sure you maximize the potential of this time?
Starting May 18, EnRoute is offering a newly developed counseling service that combines interactive online learning with our trusted level of personalized connection. Students will receive the guidance they need to design a year they can get excited about!
Services Included with a Hybrid Consultation:
- Invitation to a self-paced online course, facilitated by Julia, to determine goals of time off and process of planning gap year.
- Assessment of gap year goals and program and activity recommendations based on a personalized, extensive search of reputable and vetted service/travel organizations.
- An 8-hour phone call/meeting retainer for use by students and parents to structure and clarify their plans.
- Assistance in budgeting, itinerary and other logistical issues.
- Facilitated group zoom calls with other gap year students to cover subjects like pre-departure preparation, staying motivated during gap time and other subjects to be determined by students throughout the year.
Standard Consultation: $2,350
A Standard Consultation is our flagship offering for a family who desires the unique, personalized service that EnRoute has offered families for almost ten years. A Standard Consultation will begin with a no-obligation introductory conversation to go over a completed questionnaire, to discuss the fundamentals of a gap year, as well as review the role EnRoute will play in the planning process. After you become an official client, EnRoute will officially begin researching opportunities with your parameters in mind.
Services Included with a Standard Consultation:
- Initial introductory assessment to determine goals of time off and process of planning gap year
- A 15-hour phone call/meeting retainer for use by students and parents to structure and clarify their plans, plus unlimited e-mailing
- Program and activity recommendations based on a personalized, extensive search of reputable and vetted service/travel organizations based on consults and/or meetings
- Assistance in budgeting, itinerary and other logistical issues
- Working closely with parents to instill confidence in the reliability of chosen organizations and programs
- Pre-departure preparation assistance
- On-the-Ground Support throughout gap time
- Access to the EnRoute EdGE classroom; 10 weeks of curated content on international development, how to communicate while on your gap year and how to travel safely and ethically. This course is a fantastic opportunity to start learning, preparing and meeting fellow gap year students through thoughtful discussion.
The formal services associated with the Standard Consultation end when the student returns from their time off or when the 15 hour retainer is exhausted. Students are able to opt-out of the EdGE classroom and receive a small reduction in our consult fee.
EnRoute extends a 15% discount to siblings of former EnRoute students. EnRoute also extends a 10% discount to any family with a parent in the military.
For families in difficult financial circumstances, please contact EnRoute directly to discuss our sliding scale policy.
Payment & Refunds
At EnRoute, we’re dedicated to helping create a memorable and meaningful gap year experience. After the introductory consultation, we allow up to two weeks to give you and your family time to make an informed decision about formally hiring EnRoute.
We ask that payments be made in full before the formal consultation process begins. This ensures we are able to fulfill our services without delay. We regret to inform that we are not able to give refunds once payment is received. We will, however, do everything we can to meet your satisfaction. Thank you for understanding.